Illustrator Homework 1

 Teresa Borrelli



https://youtu.be/wS4U4siOmdg

    The video I watched was about how to create and change shapes in illustrator. The tools I think that will be easy to use is the rectangle tool and draw a rectangle on the doc. The direct selection tool I can adjust the curves. The selection tool I will be able to resize any of the shapes I created. With the ellipse or circle tool I can select from the toolbar and drag a circle on my art-board using the shift key I can draw a proportional circle. For complex shapes I can use the polygon and star tools. The tools that I think are hard is  using pathfinder I have many options to merging shapes together, pulling shapes apart and separating items. Also using the unite option that will merge all of those shapes together into one object. 


https://youtu.be/v6_JanI6eRw

    The video I watched was about how to work with lines and path in adobe illustrator. The tools that I think will be easy to use are the line tool I would click the tool in the toolbar by making a line I would hold the shift key making a straight line. If I need to resize the line I can use the selection tool by grabbing one of the points of the line. To change the color and thickness I can use the stroke controls. Also changing the point and using the stroke fill color. With the path or pen tool I can create multiple points by holding the mouse down when I create that point, I will be able to curve the line that is draws. To curve a line I would hold down the mouse and drag that point.


    https://youtu.be/kF9Zt26lxY0

    The video I watched was about how to convert handwriting to vector art in illustrator. The tools that I think will be easy are importing the photo with the writing of the word or words I want. I would use image> adjustments> levels to adjust its level and contrast than I would save the image as a PNG or JPG file. Next I would open my image and select it using the selection tool. I can go the window and select image trace that will open the trace panel where I can control how illustrator will vectorize my image. I can use sketched art and set the view to tracing result so I can what its going to convert. Using preview and ignore white check boxes are checked so I will be able to see a realtime preview and having ti ignore the background of my image. Once I have it to my liking I can click on toolbar and hit expand having my writing be converted to a vector. Using the direct selection or the white arrow tool I can modify any of its points and curves to clean up writing or make any other adjustments. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calligram Project

TeresaBorrelli

Ex1